It's 5:20 a.m. on Election Day. This is earlier than I usually get up. I usually get up when I wake up or two hours later, but today I'm helping with the election. Yesterday someone asked me (jokingly) if I'd rig the votes. I said that would be illegial and wrong, and it would be. Not to mention it is not really possible. It's not like Vickie, the Clerk and Recorder, has one person counting ballots.

Well, I have a lousy cold. They always seem to come at the worst times. I just hope that working a long day today doesn't make it worse, but I suppose that I can always take a sick day tomorrow.

Since I'm working, and it's easier than voting election day, I voted absentee. This year there are a record number of voters voting absentee. That means I could be at the courthouse really late counting ballots, or just being sequestered until they are counted.

I voted for Stan Jones. Not because I'm really excited about him. I don't know much about him. He is a Libertarian, and he is against abortion and for guns. I really did not want to vote for Burns or Tester. Maybe the Libertarian party will get a record number of votes in this race. That wouldn't be an altogether bad thing.

Well, I'm off to get some Thera Flu on my way to the courhouse. I wonder if I could park at a 2 hour meter all day today... It is a holiday so I don't think the meter maids will be working. I will. I'll let you know if I get a ticket.

3 comments:

Prizrak said...

I voted for Tester. To me, he seems to represent what Montana is all about. He's really down to earth (used to be an organic farmer), cares about nature, advocates energy independence and alternative power sources, seems to have really deep roots in the community, is compassionate and free of Washington corruption. I thought that Burns has been in Washington for too long and needed to go. Too many ties to various shady lobbies and a long history of ineffectiveness.

Anonymous said...

I voted for Burns. I believe that he actually has true morals, and not just a character that says what people want to hear. I didn't vote for him because I think he is the greatest guy in the world, but a very decent person.

Guess what! I am a white male, a conservative, and a republican. But guess what else...I am not a biggot, or a gay-hater, or someone who goes around and runs my mouth off and tries to get everyone to believe it's my way or the highway. And I surely don't believe whatever the liberal media tells me to. I love God, my wife, my family, and everyone after that. I don't LIKE everyone, but I do love people.

Lance Fisher said...

Riley, thanks for stopping by! I haven't seen you forever. You, Lindsey, Shannon, and I should have dinner sometime.

I too am a white male, and mostly republican. I really lamented about whether or not I should vote for Burns. I disregarded the mud-slinging as half to non-truths, but what really did it for me was when I read about him chewing out the fire fighters.

What I would like to see is Republican candidates that work hard for changes in government that back up what they say are their morals. Sometimes I feel like they just espouse Christian morals to get the Christian vote. I know this is not always the case, but I'm sure it is the case some of the time.

I will not vote for the Democratic party, though, because they openly go against things I strongly believe in.

I'm right with you on the not a biggot, etc., and I think it's possible to truly love the sinner and hate the sin. That's who I aim to be.