When Microsoft throws a party, they go all out. Wednesday night they rented Universal Studios Hollywood for the PDC attendees. In case you don't know, it's a big theme park. All the restaurants were open and free. They had fondu fountains all over the place, and free drinks. All the fair type games were open and free too, and if you won you still got the giant stuffed animal prizes. I won two for Rich's kids, and gave a third to someone else.
Thursday night, Wayne, Rich, and I drove around. We ended up going to a In-N-Out, the Santa Monica Pier, and then Hollywood. It was a very late night, but pretty fun. Wayne was nice enough to let me use his camera to take some high-quality photos.

6 comments:

Lance Fisher said...

Lafalda, that makes two In-N-Out spottings. Still not "more than three," but I'm worknig on it. Do I get bonus points for bringing home stickers?

emergen-c-man said...

oh so thats what they do with all the money i pour into the tech help late at night via my phone bill. :) jk :)

erin said...

Lance, I nominate that second photo for Best Picture, but don't think for a minute that I'm giving up my Oscar!! Thanks so much for the souvenir from your adventure. It shall occupy a prominent place in my apartment-box, where it can continue to make me smile.

Lance Fisher said...

Thanks, ed. I like the way that one turned out too.

Zeliphias, there were about 7,500 people at the conference and it cost roughly $2,500 each. That is just about $19 million for them to put on the conference, but I would not doubt that Microsoft would kick in some of their own cash for it. They have this idea that if they win over the developers they will be able to dominate the OS market, which makes sense.

erin said...

Lance, it just occurred to me that by saying "apartment-box", you may have thought that I meant a box where I store all my apartment stuff. I of course meant the tiny box-shaped apartment itself!

Lance Fisher said...

I got ya, ed. I work in a work box, a.k.a. cube.