I think I'm losing my self discipline. I remember the days I used to get up early and run. I remember the more recent days when I used to get up at 6:00 every morning regardless of how late I was up doing homework the night before. That wasn't fun, but I did it anyway. Two weeks ago I decided to start getting up at 5:00 every morning and cut back on caffene. I got up at 5:00 the first three mornings and once or twice since then. Today I got up at 7:30 depspite going to sleep at 8:00 last night, and I'm drinking an Americano as I write this. Seven thirty is pretty good considering there has often been 10:00 mornings.

It might be that I don't regard these things as important enough to warrant change, or perhaps I've had too much else on my mind to focus. I'm falling behind in my Russian class too.

I've also have been lacking in writing, and I'm losing readers. Thanks to the three of you who still stop by.

9 comments:

el padrino said...

blame our lit class.... The reading load is killing me too!
Maybe Tolstoy will be an easy read....

Anonymous said...

I found myself waking up at the crack of 10 something today. 7:30? Your not doing bad at all.

btw, I just started a new job... so I wont be able to make it to xa anymore...

Lance Fisher said...

100+ pages between classes for Anna Karenina? I think that will more difficult than 70-90 for Crime and Punishment. On the bright side, I'm really enjoying the stories in Russian Lit.

Congratulations on the new job, Matt! Though I'll miss you on Monday nights.

XAgirl said...

If there is such thing as Blogaholics Anonymous, sign me up. I've suddenly become a blog junkie. And you are numero uno on my list man. Yours is always interesting.

I neeed to get me a hobby!

Anonymous said...

thanks, lance. me too.

I have fridays and saturdays off, though.

Lance Fisher said...

Good to hear it Tryna! I think I'll be doing a post on feeding your adiction pretty soon, so stay tuned.

AB5SY said...

Your sleeping pattern could be a result of your body experianceing a growing phase and the sleep is needed. In my early 20's I went throw a phse of, it seemed as though 9=10 hours of sleep was needed, now I get requiare only about 5-6 per day. (not really, but at 62, I'm afraid I may not wake if I go to sleep.....lol)

Anonymous said...

Hey Lance,
It's great to be home, although, I don't share your enthusiasm for the snow. Leaving 80 degree weather and sunshine is hard to beat :o) I missed you and the rest of the family.
Looking forward to St. Patty's Day, eh?
Love ya,
Mom

April said...

sorry about not checking in more, will try to do better :D

Crime & Punishment is worth it. Great book.

Snow, what is that? hahaahaha