Last night I stopped by the Carmike 10 because it was on my way home from Lowe's, and wandered around the Star Wars fans who were camping out for tickets. It comes out tomorrow, but they are having a midnight showing, for which tickets go on sale at 11:00 a.m. today.

It was quite the party last night there, however. Not the line of chairs around the movie theater you might expect. People had brought tents, video projectors, DVD players, light sabres, generators, video game consoles, etc. Some had BBQs going, and others had campfires.

I was fotunate enough to talk to a true Star Wars "fanatic" as he calls himself, and in the journalist tradition of asking some good questions and some stupid questions, I was able to capure an exclusive interview. Enjoy.

this is an audio post - click to play

4 comments:

erin said...

Lance, you're officially The Coolest. I hope your investigative audio reports continue. Have fun at the show with Shannon! You sooo earned those tickets!

Lance Fisher said...

Thanks ed! You're pretty darn cool yourself. I hope I don't regret the midnight showing too much when I come into work Thursday morning.

erin said...

So...was it awesome? I bet the audience was great even if the film wasn't. Are you managing to stay awake at work? If not, I bet you could sneak a nap in the secret tower!

Lance Fisher said...

Yeah, the fans are what made it. It is always fun to go to open day showings because of the fans. Here's episode three of my Star Wars postings.