051005_192915.jpgHere it is! My new pride and joy. (to be updated when I'm back at my desk) That's right. I'm mobblogging!

Okay I'm back at the office now. I was just bored waiting in the line at Taco del Sol. Man, that thing can get long, but you can't beat a $2 fish taco in a burrito shell for a value lunch.

This thing is my latest addition to my rock collecting tools. I used to use the 'ol '89 Chevy S-10 with a wooden ramp I built, a come-along, some chains hooked to the frame and pipes for reinforcement to load really big rocks into the bed and take them home for use in the yard. I decided that I didn't really want to destroy my new-to-me truck like I did with the S-10, so this "convertable" horse trailer was the key. He said a tree fell on it, so he cut off the top.

Maybe I shouldn't count my eggs before they hatch... or count my horse trailer before I have it... but I did make a verbal agreement with the owner over the telephone. He wanted $300 for it, so I asked him if he would take $250. He said, "well, I have another guy looking at it, and if he doesn't call me back by Friday, then you can have it for $250." I said, "okay, sounds good," but after I hung up I was worried that I might not get it, and so I thought about calling him back the next day. I didn't have to worry about it though, because after about five minutes, he called back and said, "okay, you can have it for $250." I think he was worried that he might end up not selling it to anyone, or maybe his wife was worried.

I showed it to Shannon last night, and she wasn't too impressed, but you know he did load up two steers into it that weighed about 1,400 pounds each. So for the money it can hold a lot more than those cheaply built things at Lowe's, Home Depot, or Costco.

I can't wait to start gather some 400 pound boulders for the yard!

0 comments: