Well, it's been a little while, eh? I guess I've had blogger's block, and for that matter get-stuff-done-around-the-house block too. I really don't know what it is, but during the spring semester I was eagerly awaiting summer break so I could finally get stuff done that I had been putting off. Now that it's here I just haven't felt like doing anything when I get home from work.

Well, that is beginning to change. I got the ol' convertible horse trailer street legal by adding the required lights. That was a bigger project than I thought it was going to be, but I got my first load of rocks with it yesterday. I managed to get one of the biggest ones yet. About 1,200 lbs, I'd say. Maybe I should try and find a really big scale, so I'd have something better than my wild estimates.

Sunday I went to my cousin's high school graduation, well the reception anyway. Church didn't get out early enough to get to the ceremony, but I really wasn't complaining after sitting through Katie's and my mom's graduation ceremony a few weeks ago - exceedingly boring. I would have a great picture to post of him jumping on the trampoline in his cap and gown, but I forgot my camera up at his house. This is also why I didn't get my Memorial Day post up yesterday morning like I wanted to. Maybe I'll post a late one.

Also on Saturday, Shannon and I went to a going away coffee hangout at Liquid Planet for Natalia. She is leaving us and going to South Korea for two years to teach English to children of diplomats, and run the school newspaper.

Yesterday was fun too. We went to dinner with my parents, aunt and uncle, and cousin. She had her "friend" from New Zealand visiting, and it was nice to meet him and hear his accent. They met playing online games. K, if you are reading this, I want to tell you that I've seen long distance relationships, even ones that started on the internet, turn out well. My good friend who now lives in Hawaii met his wife on the net, and A seems like a really nice guy.

So what does a Kiwi think of the U.S.? Honestly? Well, it's loud, dirty, and there are a lot of neon signs. If I came from a town full of old English stone architecture with willow trees in New Zealand, I might think the same, but the nice thing about Montana is that it's easy to get away from it all, and most people love home.

0 comments: