Yesterday was the first day of school. Not the first day ever, just the first day of Fall Semester 2005. It is going to be a change after three months of summer break. Every year I wonder if I will be able to do it. I am genuinely excited to learn, however I worry about being able to keep up. I'm taking Russian 201, Russian 305L (Medieval Literature to Pushkin), and a one credit independant study, which is eight credits, which is the most I've ever taken while working full time.

I don't think it will be as difficult as some of the math classes I've had in the past, but it will be a lot of studying. I have been praying that I will be able to spend enough time on God, Shannon, work, school, and Chi Alpha. It's a challenge. I welcome your prayers too.

6 comments:

ed said...

Lance, you have my prayers.

lance said...

Thanks, ed.

matt said...

Thanks, Lance.

btw, I could use some prayer on my financial aid, too.

Tot said...

Lance....you are the most dedicated person (with everything) that I have ever known! I know you're too modest to realize it but you're an inspiration to everyone you meet :)

KrystyKay said...

Lancelot, I want you to know that I'm praying for you, but also that I'm willing to do your Russian homework for you... don't be silly... I insist. Consider it done.

sokolov said...

Have you read the most scandalous book in Russian literature - "Secret Journal 1836-1837" by A. S. Pushkin?
This literary masterpiece is already published in 24 COUNTRIES.
It was published in the US in Russian and and then in English in 1986.


The famous Russian poet and writer Alexander Pushkin (1799-1837), fatally wounded in a duel by his brother-in-law and rival, left a secret, ciphered journal, which was discovered and smuggled out of the USSR in 1976 by the Russian author Mikhail Armalinsky. There has been a lot of speculation and mystery surrounding this journal. According to legend, Pushkin's will stipulated that the journal not be published until 100 years after his death. Some people claimed that the Journal never existed at all.
The Journal does exist and consists of explicit confessions about intimate relationships that Pushkin had with his wife, her two sisters, and other women, which brought him to his tragic end. These astonishing events and reflections reveal an unknown details of Pushkin's life - the life of a nineteenth century Russian Don Juan.


See info on Secret Journal at: http://www.mipco.com/english/push.html
in Russian at: http://www.mipco.com/win/pushrus.html